When first engaging with your conveyancer you may or may not know what you need to be aware of throughout the process. Here are some types of questions that you can ask your conveyancer to help you be better informed about your settlement.
- What type of documentation do I need to bring in?
- Are they checking the Form 1 in the cooling off?
- Are they undertaking the appropriate statutory searches – some conveyancers don’t do this and this is why they are cheap
- Are they available to speak to me at all times?
- Is my settlement a priority?
- Should I call my conveyancer to tell them im going away on holiday?
When purchasing a property consider these questions:
- Can you check over my contract before I sign
- Can you check my form 1 in the cooling off?
- When should I take out insurance?
For the sale of your property consider:
- When can I cancel my insurance?
- What do I do with my keys?
- How long does the bank take to discharge my mortgage?
- What do I do if I get a bill before settlement? (ie SA Water, rates notice, ESL or Land Tax)
some of these questions are rarely asked but they are very important both for you and your conveyancer